- Posted by Karleigh Stevenson
- On January 24, 2017
- 0 Comments
- 2017, Calgary, Edmonton, marketing, social media, social media marketing, writing
Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to become more social? Social media platforms are constantly changing, so why not change with them? Implement our social media checklist to refresh and enhance your social media presence.
1. Make a plan. People often underestimate the time and effort that goes into social posts. Sitting down at the top of 2017 to plan your posts and put them in a calendar will ultimately save you time and help you accomplish lots via social media this year. What should you include in your plan?
- How many hours per day/week can you commit to social media efforts?
- What kinds of posts will your audience enjoy and interact with?
- What contests and promotions would attract new fans or followers?
- How much money can you set aside for social media marketing this year?
2. Update your graphics. Does your profile picture or cover photo look outdated? Is it the right size for mobile viewing? Do your graphics speak to your audience? Professional graphics can upgrade your image for little money.
3. Review your profile information. Social platforms seem to change their formats on a regular basis, so if you haven’t updated your profile or page for a while, you’re due for a review. Be sure to look for updated URLs, phone numbers, addresses and contact information. Take a look at your profile or page description – does it still convey your company’s message succinctly?
4. Try new features. As we said before, social platforms are constantly changing and adding new and exciting features that could benefit you or your company. Keeping up with and taking advantage of these changes could mean more followers, more website visitors, and ultimately more leads. These updates are usually available on social media blogs or on the platform’s own feed. Follow these feeds and turn on your notifications to be in the know.
5. Become a sharer. Sharing content with your followers is crucial. They want to receive updates and interesting information and be able to pass it on. If you don’t have a blog on your website, start one. Original content that promotes you, your company, or your industry is a valuable tool. This content can be shared across all of your social platforms and promoted according to your plan’s timelines and budget.
Begin 2017 with a bang and get started on your plan now!